Quite Suddenly

 This is copied from the bulletin of Calvary Baptist Church on 472 Ocean Rd in Portsmouth NH 03801. The bulletin is dated 07/28/2024.



Quite Suddenly

        Quite suddenly - it may be at the turning of a lane, where I stand to watch a skylark soar from out of the swelling grain, that the trump of God shall thrill me, with its calls so loud and clear, and I'm called away to meet Him, whom of all I hold dear.

        Quite suddenly - it may be as I tread the busy street, strong to endure life's stress and strain, its every call to meet, that through the roar of traffic, a trumpet, silvery clear, shall stir my startled senses and proclaim His coming near.

        Quite suddenly - it may be a lie in dreamless sleep, God's gift to many a sorrowing heart, with no more tears to weep, that a call shall break my slumber and a voice sound to my ear, 'rise up, my love, and come away, behold the bridegroom's here!.



2024 / 07 / 29








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord, Teach Me And Help Me:

Part Two of My Trip to the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC

The Lord's Pressence