The Lord's Presence

 This is copied from the bulletin of Calvary Baptist Church in Portsmouth NH. The bulletin is dated 04/28/2024.


The Lord's Presence

May the Lord's Presence be with you day by day.

Above You - To Guide
        "Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord He is God in heaven above and upon the earth beneath: there is none else" (Deuteronomy 4:39)

Underneath You - To Support
        "The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and He shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them." 

Behind You - As A Reward
        "for ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the Lord will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your reward." (Isaiah 52:12)

Before You - To Lead
        "I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight ... " (Isaiah 45:2).

At Your Right Hand
        "I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be removed" (Psalm 16:8)

Round About You - To Shield From Storms
        "As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about His people henceforth even for ever." (Psalm 125:2)

With You - As A Companion And Comforter
        "And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgements, and do them" (Ezekiel 36:27) "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20).


Beware of Bible Critics
by David Norris

        Bible critics have a very long pedigree. The first instance of an attack of the trustworthiness of God's Word is record for us in the earliest chapters of the Bible itself. It all began in the Garden of Eden with the words of the serpent, "Yea, hath God said ...? " (Genesis 3:1). Since that sad day when the seeds of doubt and denial were successfully sown in the human heart, men have sought to escape the voice of God, covering their sinful shame with the fig leaves of human ingenuity, hiding themselves in futile attempts to escape His presence. God seeks still and calls, "Where art thou?" (Genesis 3:9). In a world torn and cursed by sin still can be heard the promise of salvation through cleansing in the Savior's blood, a promise found only in the written Word of God. Man cannot live without the Word of God, not before the fall, not after the fall, not ever. Man " ..doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live." (Deuteronomy 8:3)

        We cannot live without it, we dare no die without it. Satan's aim has ever been to separate man from the Word of God and so from God Himself and salvation. First he instills doubt; this is followed by denial, and then a defamation of God. Read Psalm 12:6-7.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Two of My Trip to the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC

Part Four of my Trip to the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC

Lord, Teach Me And Help Me: