Provided It Be Forward

 This is copied from the bulletin of Calvary Baptist Church on 472 Ocean Rd in Portsmouth NH 03801. (603) 436-7736.


Provided It Be Forward

In exploring the interior of Africa, David Livingston met with difficulties indescribable, amid frightful scenes - the havoc wrought by war, famine, wild beasts, and worst of all, by the slave trade.

        Sometimes he would preached to a thousand people, sometimes to a few, and when it was seemingly to little purpose, he would consider himself: "But for the belief that the Holy Spirit works and will work, I should give up in despair. I am a missionary, heart and soul. I am ready to go anywhere - provided it be forward. I would venture everything for Christ. Can the love of Christ not carry the missionary where the slave trade carries the trader? I shall open up a path into the interior or perish. I wish only that my exertions may be honored so far that the gospel may be preached and believed in all this dark region."

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but my me." ( John 14:6)

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name." (John 1:12). 




2024 / 10 / 08









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord, Teach Me And Help Me:

Part Two of My Trip to the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC

The Lord's Pressence