No Matter What Kind of Lions by Dr. C. I. Schofield

 This was copied from the bulletin of Calvary Baptist Church on 472 Ocean Rd in Portsmouth NH. The bulletin date is 06/16/2024.


No Matte What Kind of Lions
by Dr. C. I. Schofield.

        Within a week after my conversion, I passed a window of a picture store in St Louis, and saw hanging there an engraving of a painting of Daniel in the den of lions. The prophet, with his hands behind him, and the lions circling about him, is looking up and answering the kings question.

        The one think I was in mortal fear of, in those days, was that I might go back to my sins. I was a drunken lawyer in St Louis when I was converted, with no power over an appetite from strong drink. And I was so afraid of a bar room or hotel or a club that when I saw I was coming to one, I would cross the street. I was in torment day and night. No one told about the keeping power of Jesus Christ.

        I stood before that picture, and a great hope and faith came into my heart, and I said, "Why, these lions are all about me - my old habits and sins - but the God that shut lions mouths for Daniel an shut them for me." I learned that my God was able to deliver me from the lions. Oh, what a rest it was!"

        "The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve they soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going and thy coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore." 


Apples of God
        "what the church needs today is not more machinery or better, not new organizations, or more novel methods - but men whom the Holy Ghost can use - men mighty in prayer.
                    E. M . Bounds

        "We find four rules for doing the King's business: heartily, diligently, faithfully, and speedily."
                    Frances Ridey Havergal

        "I cannot trifle with the evil that killed my best friend. I must be holy for His sake. How can I live in sin when He died to save me from it."
                      C. H. Spurgeon

        "I am daily waiting for the coming of the Son of God."
                        George Whitefield



2024 / 06 / 17









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord, Teach Me And Help Me:

Part Two of My Trip to the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC

The Lord's Pressence