Lord, Teach Me And Help Me:

 

This was copied from the 02/25/2024 bulletin from the Calvary Baptist Church of Portsmouth NH.



Lord, Teach Me and Help Me;

    Teach me, my Lord, to be sweet and gentle in all the events of life- 

        In the disappointments,

        In the thoughtlessness of others,

        In the insincerity of those I trusted, 

        In the unfaithfulness of those whom I relied.

    Let me put myself aside

        To think of the happiness of others,

        To hide my little pains and heartaches  so that I may be 

        the only one to suffer them.

Teach me to profit by the suffering that comes across my path.

Let me so use it that it may mellow me;

        Not harden nor embitter me;

        That it may make me patient, not irritable;

        That it may make be broad in my forgiveness, not narrow,

    haughty and overbearing.

As I go my rounds from one distraction to another, let me often whisper a word of love Thee. My my life be lived in the supernatural, fill of power for good, and string in its purpose of sanctity. 


                    A New Beginning

    Death is not the end; it is only a new beginning. Death is not the master of the house; he is only the porter at the King's Lodge, appointed to open the gate and let the King's guest into the realm of eternal day. And so shall we ever be with the Lord.


           The range of our threescore years and ten is not limit of our life. Our life is not a landlocked lake enclosed within the shorelines of seventy years. It is an arm of the sea. And so we must build for those larger waters. We are immortal! How, then shall we live today in the prospect of eternal tomorrow?


                                        J. H. Jowett



        I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.



"Treasures are laid up in Heaven when the treasures of Earth are laid down"




"Thinking, trying, tolling and trusting in God is the full story my biography"

                

                                            John Wanamaker




"If you expect to leave footprints on the sands of time, you'll need to get up out of your recliner.".






                                                      TomLeeM


2024 / 02 / 28






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Two of My Trip to the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC

The Lord's Pressence