The Lord's Pressence

 I found this in the church bulletin of Calvary Baptist Church of Portsmouth NH and found it inspiring. I copied it below.


The Lord's Presence
by Mrs. Jonathan Goforth

May the Lord's presence for the new year be:

Above You - To Guard
"Know therefore this day and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord He is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath there is none else" (Deut. 4:39).

Underneath To Support
"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms and He shall thrust out the enemy from before thee, and shall say say, destroy them" (Deut. 33:27).

Behind - As A Rear Guard
"For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight, for the Lord will go before you and the God of Israel will be your reward." (Isa. 52:12).

Before - To Lead
"I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight" (Isa. 45:2)

At Your Right Hand - To Protect
"I have set the Lord always before me, because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." (Psalm 16:8)

Round About - To Shield From Storms
"As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the Lord is round about His People from henceforth even forever." 

Within - As Companion and Comforter
"And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to talk in my statues, and ye shall keep my judgements and do them" (Ezekiel 36-37) "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me, and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20).





TomLeeM

2024 / 01 / 13






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord, Teach Me And Help Me:

Part Two of My Trip to the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC